Thursday, February 17, 2011

Receipes: Angel hair with feta, tomatoes, olives and anchovies


Tonight, I was feeling a bit creative, so I looked through our cupboards and fridge to see what was available. After combining a few leftovers and some on-hand staples, I ended up coming up with this very easy--and tasty--pasta dish:

8 ounces or so of angel hair pasta
2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
almost a whole tin of anchovies, chopped (keep the oil)
about 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
half a small can of sliced black olives
about 8 to 10 jarred feta-stuffed green olives, sliced
a quarter to a third cup of crumbled feta
2 small chopped tomatoes (at room temperature)

As the pasta boiled, I sauteed the garlic and anchovies in about two teaspoons of the oil from the anchovy tin mixed with another teaspoon or two of olive oil for a few minutes over medium heat. Then I added the chopped olives and basil and sauteed another minute or two. In the meantime, I drained the pasta, put it back in the pot and added a splash of olive oil. Then I dumped in the sauteed mixture along with the chopped tomatoes and feta. I mixed it all up, served it onto plates, and sprinkled some extra feta on top. I added sides of chopped chicken sauteed in olive oil, garlic, and basil along with quartered brussel sprouts (which I'd previously steamed whole) mixed with a little olive oil, basil and salt and roasted in a 450F oven for about 8-10 minutes.

Both my husband and I loved the mix of tastes in the pasta dish--but we both thought it was missing one thing: avocado! Next time, heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment