Thursday, March 17, 2011

Receipe: Couscous Chickpea Salad


We are in the midst of trying to get our household together to move across town to a new home, so my cooking time has been limited. The other night, I was looking for a quick side dish and so I jumped online to see how I could dress up some couscous. I ran across this recipe on eHow Food--simple and yummy. I microwaved about a cup of water with a chopped clove of garlic, added a cup of couscous and let it sit while I chopped up about two tomatoes and feta-stuffed olives. (I was out of scallions, so I didn't add those--next time I will.) I stirred in the olives (I also added about a can of sliced black olives), tomatoes, a good helping of feta cheese and a rinsed can of chickpeas. Over it all, I poured a mixture of balsamic vinegar and olive oil and, voila, deliciousness! And I thought it just as yummy the second day.

No comments:

Post a Comment