Sunday, May 29, 2011

receipes: grilled pears

Tonight I adapted a Cooking with Trader Joe's recipe for baked pears, tweaking the recipe and grilling instead of baking them. I used most of the same ingredients, substituting orange juice for the Drambuie (which I didn't have on hand) and skipping the nuts (which I also didn't have on hand):

2 pears
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon orange juice

I halved and cored the pears and blended the last four ingredients together in a microwavable measuring cup. Instead of heating the ingredients on the stove, I microwaved them for several minutes, stirring every minute or so.


Then I placed the halved pears in pieces of foil which I crumpled around them to make a sort of bowl. I poured the mixture over the pears, dividing the sauce evenly among the four halves. I placed them on the upper rack of the grill and grilled them for about eight to 10 minutes while my skewers of chicken, onions, and zucchini grilled below. I took them off the grill and let them sit during the meal, then placed them onto plates, dribbling the left over sauce (which had thickened and collected in the foil bowls) over the pears before I served them. They were delicious--and very easy to add to the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment